Spinach feta cheese spiral
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter and olive oil
- 200g Danish or feta cheese, crumbled (Emborg)
- 150g frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed (Emborg)
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts (Lamb brand)
- 1 tbsp nigella seeds to decorate
- 4 tbsp extra melted butter (Valio)
- 7-8 sheets filo pastry (Acqua e Farina)
Click here to win with Aceline
Sauté the onion and garlic together for 5 minutes to soften. Add in the squeezed spinach and cook together for 2 minutes. Remove off the heat and mix in the crumbled cheese and pine nuts. Next, lay out a sheet of filo pastry and brush lightly with melted butter. Spoon 2-3 tbsp of the filling down 1 side and roll up loosely into a sausage. Roll up into a swirl and place onto a large greased baking tray. Do the same with the remaining filo and filling, adding to the original swirl and finish off by brushing all over with butter and nigella seeds. Bake in the oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes.at the oil and butter and
Search randomly for similar recipes prepared by one of our chefs below. Most recipes include programme link at the bottom of the same page.
Search randomly any recipe prepared by one of our chefs below. Most recipes include programme link at the bottom of the same page.