Maltese sausage, pumpkin and ricotta stuffed pasta shells
- 200g pasta shells, partly cooked
- 2 Maltese sausages, skin removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or sage
- 100g pumpkin, finely diced
- 500g ricotta (Hanini)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten (Le Naturelle)
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan plus extra (Zanetti)
- 500-600g ready-made tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
Click here to win with Aceline
Start by heating the oil and frying the sausage meat to brown. Add in the onion, garlic, herbs and pumpkin and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes. In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, grated Parmesan, beaten egg , parsley and season well with salt and pepper. Mix in the cooked sausage and pumpkin mixture. Pour the readymade tomato sauce into the base of a large round oven dish. Fill the partly cooked pasta shells with the filling and place into the dish on top of the sauce. Finish off with extra grated cheese, breadcrumbs and a good drizzle of olive oil. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 200°C till golden brown.
Search randomly for similar recipes prepared by one of our chefs below. Most recipes include programme link at the bottom of the same page.
Search randomly any recipe prepared by one of our chefs below. Most recipes include programme link at the bottom of the same page.